A firmware is the software programme that needs to be updated on your Netgear N300 extender on a regular basis. It has a handful of features that allow your Netgear N300 extender to perform well in a hassle-free manner. Regular firmware updates are important for your extender to work smoothly, add new features, enhance security, etc. However, if your Netgear N300 is not performing well, it is worth checking to ensure that the firmware of your extender is of latest version. On the off chance if you don’t know how to update Netgear extender’s firmware, then this piece of article can help you out in a bigger way. Let’s start off!
How to Update Netgear N300 Firmware?
You can update the firmware on your Netgear N300 extender easily using the instructions given-below.
There are 2 ways to update Netgear extender firmware:
- Using the manual method
- Using the Nighthawk app
Here, we are going explain both the methods one by one.
Update Netgear Extender Firmware Manually
- First things first, make sure that your Netgear N300 extender is connected to your router’s WiFi network. Apart from that, you can also connect your Netgear N300 extender to your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect your WiFi-enabled devices to Netgear_ext.
- Visit the Netgear site.
- Click on Downloads.
- Select a firmware version available for your N300 and click on Download.
- Open a web browser on your WiFi-enabled device like PC or laptop and enter mywifiext.net.
- Netgear N300 login page displays.
- Enter the N300 extender username and password.
- Netgear extender Status page displays.
- Click on Firmware Update button.
- Click on the Browse then select the Upload button.
The Netgear extender firmware update will start on the same page and your N300 will reboot after the process gets completed. Till them sit back and relax, have a cup of tea, coffee or chilled beer.
A word of caution: After you click on the Upload button, do not try to go online or turn off your Netgear N300 extender.
Note: If you are using an iPad or Apple device to update Netgear extender firmware, then use mywifiext local web address instead of mywifiext.net.
Update Netgear Extender Firmware Using Nighthawk App
- Right off the bat, connect to your WiFi-enabled device to Netgear-ext.
- Once done, grab an Ethernet cable and connect your Netgear N300 extender to your main router. Ensure that your N300 and router and getting adequate power supply during the firmware update process.
- Launch the Nighthawk app on your WiFi-enabled device.
- When prompted, enter the default Netgear extender password and username.
- Choose your Netgear extender model.
- Click on Check For Updates.
- Your Netgear N300 extender checks for new and latest firmware updates.
- Click on UPDATE, if new firmware version is available for your N300.
Netgear extender firmware update process will start on the same page. Once the firmware update process gets completed, your extender will restart. The firmware update process needs a few minutes to get completed. So, do not click on any link, close your Netgear extender or do anything else.
This is how you can perform Netgear extender firmware update manually or using the Nighthawk app. To get the most out of your extender, do the Netgear N300 setup.
In this way, you can update the firmware on your Netgear N300 extender in no time. Now that you have come to know the benefits of having the latest firmware, hopefully, you will now keep your Netgear N300 extender up-to-date. Just in case, you still find issues while performing Netgear extender firmware update process, feel free to contact our competent experts for immediate help via comments.