Netgear EX6110 WiFi range extender is one of the great devices to get seamless internet connectivity in every nook and cranny of your house. However, to enjoy the lag-free internet experience, you need to perform the Netgear EX6110 setup. A number of users across the globe face issues while configuring their Netgear extenders. But, you don’t have to worry at all because we have got you covered. In this post, we will provide you some of the best fixes through which you can easily overcome the Netgear EX6100 extender setup issue on the fly. Let’s hit the nail on the head!
Place Your EX6110 Correctly
First things first, to fix Netgear EX6110 setup issues, it is suggested to place the WiFi range extender accurately. Bear in mind that the correct placement of your extender is key to getting Netgear EX6110 setup success. Follow the instructions highlighted below while placing your Netgear EX6110 WiFi range extender:
- Keep your Netgear EX6110 extender in the central location of your home.
- Position your Netgear WiFi extender on a higher, open and ventilated location; better if place it away from the reach of unknown WiFi networks.
- Also, it is suggested to place your Netgear EX6110 range extender within the reach of your main router.
- Do not place your Netgear extender in a corner, inside a cabinet, or on a lower surface.
Check the Power Supply
As soon as you’re done with the placement process, the next thing that you have to do is to plug your Netgear EX6110 range extender into a working and damage-free wall outlet. Once you are done, turn it on. However, there are a few important points that you need to consider while plugging in your range extender. Scroll down a little:
- The wall socket you are using for plugging in your extender must not be damaged.
- Check the power adapter of your Netgear device; it should be working well.
- Also, check the LED status on your Netgear EX6110 extender. A solid green LED on your Netgear extender indicates that your EX6110 device is getting constant and steady power supply. On the off chance if your Netgear extender’s power LED is blinking red or amber, turn it off for a short while and then turn it back on again.
Check the Connection
Make sure that your Netgear EX6110 extender and router are properly connected. Apart from that, the Ethernet cable you have used must not have any sort of damage.
In the event that the Ethernet connection does not work for you, connect your EX6110 and router wirelessly. Do not use the public or free hotspot for the Netgear EX6110 setup process.
Now, check the connection between your extender and router by accessing http://192.168.1.250.
Connect to Extender’s WiFi
The next step to set up the Netgear EX6110 WiFi range extender without any hassle is to connect your WiFi-enabled devices to the extender’s WiFi. Besides, it is also suggested that you check the connection between your router and Netgear extender. Ensure that it is successfully made.
Follow the Correct Configuration Steps
There are chances that you haven’t followed the correct Netgear EX6110 setup steps and due to which you are facing configuration issues. Thus, to get it fixed, ensure to configure your range extender properly using the steps outlined underneath:
Step 1: Open a web browser of your choice on a desktop or laptop. Ensure that the browser you are using isn’t outdated.
Step 2: Hover the mouse cursor over the browser’s URL bar.
Step 3: Enter mywifiext without making any typing errors. Do not enter the extender’s default web address into the browser’s search bar.
Step 4: Press Enter and provide the default Netgear extender login credentials into the required fields.
Step 5: Netgear Genie setup page displays.
Step 6: Follow the on-screen instructions.
And that’s it! After following the Netgear EX6110 setup steps in the exact given order, you will definitely be able to make the most of your range extender. In case of any queries, feel free to drop all your issues and concerns into the comments section.