Home Business How to sign up for Amazon Prime Video on your Android TV.
Before you begin,
- Internet connectivity isn’t available on all TVs, Blu-ray Disc players, or Home Theater systems. On our support page, you can see if your device is Internet-capable by looking at the device specifications.
- You’ll need a PC or similar Internet-capable device with a Web browser.
- On Sony TVs, the Prime Video app is normally pre-installed. On an Android TV, however, the software can be downloaded from the Google Play Store.
- Apps can only be downloaded on Android TVs. This app is not pre-installed on other TVs, and it is not available for download.
- Learn how to use streaming services (such as Amazon Prime Video) on non-Android TVs if you can’t download apps on your TV.
- Learn how to tell if your television is an Android or non-Android device.
- The Prime Video app is available in over 200 countries and territories (as of November 2020), however availability varies by country and television type (Android vs non-Android).
How to install the Amazon Prime Video app on your device and register it
- Press the HOME or MENU buttons on the included remote control.
- Depending on your model, choose Video, Application, My Apps, or Apps.
- Choose the [Prime Video] application. Depending on your TV model, the location of the Prime Video app thumbnail may differ.
- As indicated in the screenshot below, click [Sign in].
- As illustrated in the screenshot below, take note of the six-letter registration code that appears on the screen (e.g. L98ZKR). (You’ll need it in Step 8 to link your Amazon account to your device.)
- Open an Internet browser on your computer or other Internet-capable device and go to the amazon.com/mytv page.
- Create a new Amazon Prime account or sign in to your existing one.
- How to Open an Amazon Prime Account for the First Time
- Select [Register Device] after entering the registration code from your device (e.g. L98ZKR).
- Note: To register, go to www.amazon.com/gp/video/ontv/code if the registration code box does not appear or is not found on the Amazon website.
- The TV page from which you received the six-digit code will automatically update whether the registration is completed. You’ll be able to watch Prime Video on your TV after that.
- Log in to your Amazon Prime Video account on your computer or other Internet-enabled device and select [Manage my device] to manage the devices registered to your account.