Netgear EX3700 extender allows you to connect to your WiFi network in each and every corner of your house. Now, you don’t need to worry about the dead zones and lagging internet. The Netgear wireless extender comes with dual bands to extend your existing connection. Besides this, the FastLane technology provides high-speed internet and is ideal for watching HD movies online.
Despite all these features, there’s a need to improve your extender’s efficiency. This is because the Netgear extender EX3700 gets affected by bugs that can lower its performance. They can be fixed with the help of firmware update. A new firmware version of your WiFi device not only fixes bugs and errors but also adds security features. So, if you have performed Netgear EX3700 setup at home, then you should definitely update its firmware. In this article, we will discuss the steps to update the firmware of your Netgear extender. So, read on.
Steps to Update Netgear EX3700 Firmware
Follow the instructions given below to perform firmware update for your Netgear WiFi device:
- Power Up Your Netgear EX3700 Extender
- Plug your Netgear EX3700 wireless extender into a wall socket and switch it on. Make sure that the wall socket is not short-circuited.
- Wait for the LED light to turn solid green on your WiFi device.
- Connect Your Extender and Router
- As soon as the power LED on your Netgear extender turns green, grab an Ethernet cable.
- Now, connect your Netgear EX3700 extender to the router using the Ethernet cable. Make the connection secure and precise.
- Switch On Your Computer
- Turn on your computer and launch a web browser that you often use.
- Download the firmware update file for your Netgear EX3700 extender and save it at the desired location on your PC.
- Once done, open a new tab in your web browser and type mywifiext.net in the address bar.
Note: If you are using an Apple device to perform Netgear extender firmware update , then access mywifiext.local.
- Press the Enter key.
- Log in to Your Netgear EX3700 Wireless Extender
- You will be prompted to log in to your Netgear EX3700 extender.
- Now, type the default username and password of your Netgear EX3700 extender in the required fields.
- Click the Log In button.
- Update Your Netgear Extender’s Firmware
- You will be redirected to the Netgear Genie dashboard.
- Now, click the Maintenance option.
- Locate ‘Firmware Update’.
- Thereafter, browse the firmware update file you downloaded for your Netgear EX3700 extender.
- Once found, click the Upload button.
- This will start the firmware update process for your Netgear EX3700 extender.
Now that you have performed Netgear extender firmware update, the performance of your device will get improved. You can connect your WiFi-compatible devices to your extender’s Netgear_ext to enjoy seamless internet.
Don’ts While Performing Netgear Extender Firmware Update
- Do not use a damaged Ethernet cable to connect your WiFi devices.
- Avoid entering the web address of your Netgear Ex3700 extender in the search bar of your web browser. Also, avoid typos while typing the default web address.
- Don’t type the incorrect default username and password of your WiFi device. Otherwise, it can prevent you from performing firmware update.
- An outdated web browser should not be used to update the firmware of your Netgear EX3700 wireless extender. It can cause problems while updating your device.
- It is recommended not to run any background tasks on your computer during the firmware update process as it can corrupt the firmware.
- Above all, do not turn off your extender or refresh your browser amidst the Netgear extender firmware update process.
Performing firmware update will be beneficial for your device’s efficiency. We hope that you will be able to update your Netgear EX3700 extender by following the aforementioned instructions.