According to many types of research, exercise is not recommended after eating. This is one of the prime reasons why yoga is the type of exercise, which can be performed even after lunch or dinner.
Yoga mainly helps in improving digestion. Some of the facts about yoga after dinner have been discussed in this article.
Top yoga asanas which can be performed after a meal
Below are some of the yoga asanas which one can perform after a heavy meal:-
- Vajrasana is a Sanskrit word. Vajra means the thunderbolt. This is mainly the kneeling pose when someone is full. This pose mainly helps good digestion, as well as some types of liver functions in the body. As soon as someone does this pose, this helps in reducing the blood flow to the lower regions of the human body. This implies more blood will be available in the stomach area to increase the digestion process.
- Pawanmuktasana is also known as the wind removing pose. Some other people also call this a wind-liberating pose. This yoga pose mainly helps with bloating. This is mainly experienced when someone is overeating.
- Uttanasana is also called the standing forward bend pose. This pose is mainly beneficial for the alimentary canal. The pose is mainly effective at the time of dealing with bloating. This is mainly done by pushing the food along with the gastrointestinal tract. This also helps in relieving constipation.
- The supported seated forward fold pose mainly helps to improve blood circulation along with different abdominal organs. This also helps with metabolism and also helps in improving digestion.
- Adho Mukha Svanasana is also known as the downward dog pose. A person can perform this type of yoga asana at any time of the day. This yoga pose mainly helps in better bowel movement as well as affects the abdomen. One can perform this asana easily.
Top foods to eat before performing the yoga
It is an ideal practice to do yoga early in the morning as well as on an empty stomach. But nowadays due to hectic lifestyles, some people have to reduce the amount of exercise as well as perform yoga whenever they find the time. It is important for the person to eat the correct food before and after yoga. This is an essential attribute to take into account for the success of yoga.
- In case someone takes the heavy meals one must allow 3 to 4 hours to pass before starting their yoga practice.
- One must start yoga after 1 to 2 hours of having a light meal.
- They must start the yoga after 30 to 45 minutes after having the fresh juice and fruits, etc. It is ideal to do yoga asanas after 15 minutes of drinking the water.
If a person is not able to perform yoga in the morning, the best time to do so is in the evening before dinner. Dinner after doing the yoga practice must be light, which mainly includes a lot of protein-rich food like peanut butter as well as different types of seeds.
This type of food will mainly help in reducing muscle soreness to a minimum. Foods such as aerated drinks, spicy, overly salty or fried food must be avoided all the time. This type of food mainly adds little or no nutrition. This mainly contributes to the feeling of tiredness as well as sluggishness.
One must avoid a heavy meal, especially at night. One must take some of the easily digestible options like juices, fruits, as well as light, healthy snacks. The practitioners of yoga must not eat directly after yoga. A person should give their body at least 30 minutes to adjust itself.