Considering the internet-related needs of people are increasing at a rapid rate, the purchase of Netgear wireless routers has increased. However, despite installing a Netgear router in their homes, many users are not getting the desired internet speed. In case, you are one of them, then you will be glad to know that Netgear has another solution for your needs, i.e. Netgear wireless range extenders. Installing an extender via Netgear_ext in your house will extend the signals emitted by your already configured router and transmit it in every nook and cranny thereby satisfying your internet-related needs.
Now, the question is how to set up a Netgear extender. Well, the answer to this question is pretty simple. You just need to walk through the instructions mentioned in this article. By the time you have reached its end, you would have successfully set up the extender.
Netgear Nighthawk Extender Setup via WPS Method
The easiest way to set up your extender is by making use of the WPS method. By the way, this method can only be implemented if the router you are using has the WPS button located on it. Otherwise, you can use the next method in line.
Here is how the WPS method can be used for the setup of the Netgear networking device:
- Plug your Netgear extender into a non-damaged electrical socket.
Note: The wall socket into which you have plugged your wireless range extender should not be damaged. Or else, your extender will not be able to get fluctuation-free electricity.
- Pressing the power button will make the LED on the extender glow.
- Locate the WPS button on the extender.
- Whenever you find it, press it gently.
- Now, you need to repeat the same step on the router.
- Give the devices some time to get synced.
- As soon as they do, you need to change the location of your networking device.
- By networking device, we are referring to the wireless range extender here.
And just like this, the WPS method can be used to execute the Netgear extender setup process. Now, you can make your client devices access the network of the extender.
Netgear Nighthawk Extender Setup via Manual Method
The manual method is considered to be a lengthy one. However, it is the most reliable one. If you are planning to implement it instead of the first method, then know that you made an excellent choice. Now, follow these steps to manually install your range device:
- Create a connection between the networking devices.
- Two methods can be used for this purpose, i.e. wireless and wired.
- Gain access to your laptop and fire up an internet browser.
Note: Do not make the mistake of using an outdated internet browser to set up your device. It will turn out to be fatal for you otherwise. And we are guessing that you do want that.
- You now need to go to the address bar of the browser.
- Copy the default web address from the user manual and paste it there.
- Press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- You can also click on the Enter button on the screen.
- Have you been redirected to the Netgear extender login page yet? Good.
- Input the default admin password and username into the required fields.
Note: In case you are not certain of the default admin login credentials of your wireless range extender, you ought to take reference from its user manual.
- Hit the Log In button on the screen.
- You will find yourself on the Netgear Genie smart setup wizard.
- Can you see some instructions on the screen of your laptop? Follow them.
As soon as you are done following the steps on the screen, you will be able to wrap up Netgear extender setup using the manual method with ease.
For your information, every wireless range extender comes with a model number. Every extender can be configured more or less in the same way. In simple words, whether you want to do Netgear EX3700 setup or Netgear EX2700 setup, both the methods given above can be followed by you. You can also configure your device via the Nighthawk app.
Here ends our article written on how to install a Netgear Nighthawk extender using the WPS method as well as the Manual method. We are anticipating that after following the instructions mentioned above, you will be able to successfully configure your networking device. In case, you do, it is recommended that you do not shy away from dropping a couple of words of appreciation in the comment section.