India is a land of beautiful landscapes, high hills, lush green surroundings, architectural monuments with great history. Thousands and lakhs of tourists visit every year to enjoy Indian heritage, culture, traditions, festivals, and beauty. Every tourist enjoys the history behind the monuments and buildings and cherishes it forever. Not only history, but many enjoy high hills with amazing views and breath-taking weather. There are many places in India that have high mountains with amazing views. Among many, Chamarajanagar district, a southernmost district in the state of Karnataka, is a small hill station that was carved out from Mysore in 1998.
The city is a unique blend of breathtaking natural beauty and splendid cultural heritage. This place is also the home of minority tribes such as soligas, yeravas, and betta kurubas. This place is a paradise in itself which attracts many tourists each year. If you love nature and wildlife, Chamarajanagar is the right place for you. You will get to see rare fauna and flora and this will definitely melt your heart. You will also find sacred places to worship in and around the city. Famous Hindu festivals like Maha Shivratri and Ratha yatra are given great importance and are celebrated by performing folk music and dance. Also, sandalwood souvenirs and sculptures are also available in the local markets. You can also enjoy one day trip by camping in the Bandipur National Park.
So if you are planning to visit Chamarajanagar district, make sure to know everything about it. The following points will help you out to know about this district:
- Weather– Although the weather is pleasant although the year, November to February is the best month to travel to Chamarajanagar. There is the right amount of dampness in the air which makes it the ideal month to travel. The summer months are a bit hot than usual but mostly cloudy during the evening.
- Culture– Chamarajanagar was carved out from Mysore in 1998. Many Adivasi tribes reside in this town. The name of the tribal groups is jenu kuruba, kadu kuruba and soligas among which there are near about 30,000 soligas in the town. Their lifestyle and culture are very unique. Tourists love to see their way of living and love to learn about them.
- Language– Kannada is the official language of the locals. The native language of Chamarajanagar is Kannada, English and most of the village people speak Kannada, English. Chamarajanagar people use Kannada, the English language for communication.
- The attractions-Top sight of hogenakkal falls, gopalswami hills, barachukki waterfalls, Sri Bilgiri ranganathaswamy, shri kshetra kanakagiri, shivanasamudra and many more. If you love wildlife, you can explore Cauvery wildlife sanctuary, Bandipur tiger safari, and BRT tiger reserve.
- Transport– Chamarajanagar is well-connected within the city. Most preferably, auto-rickshaws are used by the locals to travel. You can also travel by taxi but it is a bit expensive. Though taxi is much more comfortable than auto-rickshaw.
- Hotels– You will find plenty of hotel options in Chamarajanagar. Starting from 3-star, 4-star, and 5-star, you will get everything in your budget. The Serai Bandipur is a well-known 5-star hotel offering you a variety of room options. The Serai bandipur hotel has the best staff and will be there to assist you with everything. The room options available are Mountain View courtyard double, Mountain View courtyard superior, Mountain View log hut, and residence. You can even book the hotel room online from a genuine online platform to avoid any kind of last-minute hassle.
- How to reach– Chamarajanagar is well-connect through highways. You can easily travel via road. Though there are no railway stations and the nearest railway station is in Mysore which is 53 km away.
So above are some of the points one should know if you are planning to visit Chamarajanagar district. Make sure to check online about the place like its weather, culture, etc. Also, pre-book the hotel online to avoid a last-minute rush plus you get amazing deals and offers online.
While traveling makes sure your travel safe with full precautions. The following points are some tips that will help you while making a plan to travel:
- Pack light– Always try to carry as much less as you can. Less packing will make it easy for you to carry your own luggage. Write down a list of essentials, cut it in half, and then only pack that.
- Book hotel in advance– Always book your stay in advance so that you do not face problems once you reach there. Online booking will help you to get amazing offers and deals. So you can enjoy the best luxuries at less possible costs. You can choose a variety of options from them.
- Carry ID– Always carry your ID while traveling as in some emergency situations, you require an ID.
- Weather forecast– For a comfortable stay and the best memorable trip, check the weather forecast and then carry your clothes depending on that. Sometimes the weather is uncertain, so extra pair of clothes always helps.
- Check for attractions– Prepare a checklist of all the attractions and monuments. Shortlist ones which you are interested to see and want to visit. It will help you to choose better among many if you are on a short trip.
So above are some tips which will help you to travel safely. Little things will make your trip worth remembering and you will cherish it for a lifetime. Also, keep in mind to have a comfortable stay for the best vacation. A comfortable hotel with all the luxuries will help you to enjoy the best. Prior booking is always the best decision. Compare the prices and amenities of the hotels from online websites. They will provide you with the best deals and offers at amazing prices. Also, plan how you will directly reach the place. Prepare a road map for a better picture. Also, you can book tickets online for reasonable prices. Don’t forget to compare the prices of the tickets on different websites. Stay attentive while booking online and make sure not to book from a fraud one.